Message from the President
Welcome! Thank you for visiting Toyo Kohan's website.
Toyo Kohan was established in 1934 as the first private manufacturer of tinplate in Japan, and we are satisfying customers demands for material products and services by applying our own technologies that we have refined for rolling, surface finishing, laminating, etc. for 75 years since then. Nowadays, we improved the commercial value of other materials than steel such as nonferrous aluminum and resin, though Toyo Kohan started as a steel corporation. We aim to make unique new business model in the world by consolidating three major business areas which consist of “Steel sheet business”, “Functional materials business” and “Chemical Products business”.We actively train our employee on the job for the development of human resources and the building of the human character to achieve our business objective.
Toyo Kokan will challenge towards the 100th anniversary by passing through the 75th anniversary point of foundation. We would consistently like to contribute to society by providing the useful products to customers in successive period. We thank you in advance for your kind understanding and assistance as a stakeholder.
Toyo Kohan’s Management Philosophy
- Toyo Kohan will continuously contribute to the advance of society and global environment by offering real benefits that have lasting value.
- Toyo Kohan will create an environment in which all employees and community members can lead fulfilling social lives.
- Toyo Kohan will pursue constant drive of new technology and remain an enterprise that never ceases to evolve.
Toyo Kohan’s Principles of Conduct
- To observe our legal obligations and social norms and maintain our highest standards of corporate ethics in all our business activities.
- To actively communicate and strengthen our relationships with all those who have a stake in our activities and aim for co-prosperity with society.
- To pay respect to each other’s human individuality and diversity and maintain a highly transparent work environment, enhancing health, safety and well-being of individuals.
- To always seek and exploit new ideas and maintain our courage to take on new challenges.
- To have each and every one of us keep our “pure mind” with honesty and integrity and create new values to society with confidence.
Toyo Kohan’s Vision
Since its start as a tinplate manufacturer, Toyo Kohan has expanded its technology base to include non-ferrous metals and plastic resins and developed high precision processing technologies of various materials. We strive to remain the leading company with a unique business model unprecedented in the world’s steel industries.
TOYOKOHAN GATE 100
Since its establishment, Toyo Kohan has continuously aspired to help its employees achieve personal growth through the creation of worthwhile products. As we head toward our 100th year of business, we are looking to keep abreast of the times and make new history by creating a fresh and vital culture, while at the same time preserving the things we have worked so hard to build.
To help all of us at Toyo Kohan re-center ourselves in times of doubt and uncertainty, and face the future again with fresh ideas and enthusiasm, we have created a booklet for our employees, TOYOKOHAN GATE 100.