Fiber Coated Steel Sheet (FIBER COAT)
FIBER COAT is a high functional fiber coated steel sheet for continuous static electric fiber coating of original coils.
It is used in a variety of applications based on the 4 functions of fiber coating.
- Carbon arc test
- Outdoor exposure test
A 200-hour (Equivalent to 20 years)(*) test was conducted using the carbon arc method, confirming that very little color is lost (color difference) occurs compared to normal conditions.
* When ultraviolet light striking the roof backing is calculated as 10%
When steel sheets with 2 conventional backing material types affixed were compared to a fiber coated steel sheet in exposure tests, conventional backing material was shown to be peeling from the edges after 1 month had passed, but the fiber coated steel sheet was shown to have no peeling even after 2 years had passed.
- Corrosion resistance of the fiber coated side of the fiber coated steel sheet possesses better performance than hot dip galvanized steel substrates.
As shown in the following figure, hot dip galvanized steel sheets developed rust in corrosion progression tests (JASO M609, 30 cycles...equivalent to 40-50 years of long use), but no rust was shown with the fiber coated steel sheet. The fiber coated side here also withstood tape peeling tests, and adhesion degradation was not shown.
- Fiber coat is treated with a moldproof process that prevents mold from occurring.
Data conforming to ISZ2911 (6 mold types)
- Acquired Fireproofing Material certification from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 30-minute roof fireproofing certification is also acquired for each roof insulation cross-section form from partner metal roofing manufacturers.
- Certification number NM-2332 Coated steel sheet
- Certification number NM-2333 galvanized steel sheet
- It does not use organic solvents for the adhesive, as it uses environmentally-friendly aqueous adhesive (acrylic). It also uses nylon 66 for the piles, and does not contain asbestos or formaldehyde.
- It can be recycled in its fiber coated condition as iron scrap, thus does not become industrial waste. There's no need to separate it like polyfoam or glass fiber for disposal.
- It can withstand the following process as it possesses excellent bending adhesion thanks to superb static electric fiber coating technology.
|Item||FIBER COAT||Galvanized steel sheet|
|Duct processing||Seam fold (button punch snap)||Adequate||Adequate|
The fiber coated surface is fused on the underside.
|General processed surfaces||Press processing||Inadequate||Adequate|
|Roll forming processing||Adequate||Adequate|